Facelift Advantages and Disadvantages
Facelift is a procedure done by a plastic surgeon to improve the facial appearance of an individual. It helps diminish fine lines, wrinkles, puffiness and fat that commonly arises from the neck. After getting this procedure, you will immediately feel a young and fresh looking skin on your face.
What are the advantages?
- Your face will look younger and more beautiful.
- Your skin will be tighter, have fewer wrinkles, no jowls and less drooping.
- Scars are minimal due to the fact that they’re being placed in strategic locations which then make these marks barely visible.
- Does not cause excessive pain on the patient.
- It is quick and the hospital stay will only range between 12 to 24 hours.
- Since it’s a common procedure these days then the risks of it going wrong are on a minimal state.
What are the disadvantages?
- It doesn’t improve skin problems such as marks, spots or grooves.
- The recovery can be a bit slow and it may cause your face to become swollen and might even have the appearance of swollen eyes and bruises.
- This procedure can be a bit expensive.
- The final result won’t appear from two to four months
- Doesn’t go along with aging so there’s a need to touch up by going under surgery again.
- Your face does become better but don’t expect to be looking exactly like when you were 20.
- Risks are often involved like have marks and disfigure in the face.
So before undergoing the facelift procedure, be sure that you know pros and cons. This will ensure that you won’t regret the decision that you made and that you’ll be aware of the consequences if in case something goes wrong.